It has been suggested that we develop a schedule earlier than our typical February racer meeting. It has also been suggested we mirror the 2021 format. Avoiding CKNA races, Rt 66 races, holidays etc, left us with 13 races in 2021. Using the same logic we end up with the following dates for 2022.
April 30, May 14, 21, June 11, 25, July 9, 23, 30, August 13, 27, September 10, 17, 24
We have some questions and are looking for feedback before we publish an official schedule.
- Is 13 races the right amount? Too few or too many?
- How many are evening schedule? History has been Jun/Jul/Aug or Jul/Aug or Aug.
- Start times? History is 10AM or 4PM
- Rainout makeups? Schedule possible dates? We do not want to run doubles in evening schedule
- Rainout calls? We have been posting 2 hours before drivers meeting.
- Count your best 11 races for points championship? Should we count more?
- Pre-registration? Started w/COVID in 2020 and used in 2021. Seems to speedup signing in. Good or bad idea?
Look for future posts on Jr High, High School, and Friday Oval, Elite, and Road course Leagues along with discussions on any other issues. Give us your thoughts. See you at the Banquet.
Les 13 races or 14 races would be best, I come to the club races to race, so I want to see the most races.I would like to see 1 drop at the most. Drops are a product of tracks that are club ran & require the drivers to work corners etc. since we do not have to help out at the track why have any drops at all. maybe we should race in the rain provided its not a biblical flood, it would make our cup kart drivers better when they go to the Grands. & solve the rain dates problems & calling off races everything else is fine
Thoughts on the 2022 season
Regarding start time I would make as many of them afternoon/evening races as possible. More late races the better for our crew.
Rob at the Track said:
At this point we have set our schedule basically as it was last year. You can check the website or Facebook to see our schedule for next season.