We have been asked to include a vintage kart class in our regular schedule for June 10. This class will be blended into our normal schedule with 3 rounds of practice, 2 6 lap heat races, plus an 8 lap feature which will establish the winner, trophies, bragging rights and the like. John Schutt, a vintage karter, has agreed to supervise CHMS in establishing the class requirements. You may contact us for details but here are some guidelines:
- Vintage A Limited Go Kart Class
- This is a class for 100cc Flywheel cooled Vintage Go Kart engines with single carb and a dry clutch.
- Race would be 2 heats at 6 laps each and an 8 lap feature race added to regular race day.
- Engine= 1 2cycle ,100ccmax ,Stock appearing accept any single carb intake manifold with Mac Carb or HL tillotson up to 1″ venturi. Flywheel cooled,made and sold before 1982. Such as McCulloch 91B1 ,Power products AH 58, Westbend 610 and 700,Homelite 92and others that fit that era.
- Clutch= any Dry Drum Clutch with shoes like Hortsman,Max torque,Ratech,Noram etc.
- Tires off of Vintage Kart Assoc. Vintage list + SL class tires.
- Exhaust = pipe or can type or Sportsman Muffler.
- Kart= Kart made before 1982 1″ or 1 1/4″ axle
- Hydraulic Brakes to follow basic WKA safety inspection!
- Helmet jacket shoes as required by track insurance
- Cost is $60 entry + $18 pit pass required for all in grid (We do have a free area for spectating) w/10% discount for registering before noon on Friday before event
Join us for some enjoyment on June 10. Raceday schedule available on website but drivers meeting starts the day at 4:30PM.