We are bringing back Enduro events for our 2022 season. We have three in mind this year. The first one will be held on May 15th. This will be a two hour event. Details for this event are posted on the “Next Race Timeline” page under the “Endurance Events” tab at the top of the page. Check Facebook and our website for information on future enduro events. We will post when dates are established for the other two events.
Have you ever wanted to sponsor some activity at a very nominal cost? We are in search of someone who would like to sponsor our League programs. We have Jr High League w/17 races, High School League w/17 races, and Friday League w/24 races on the road course and 12 races on the oval as well as 12 races with the Elite karts available. Sponsorship would get you advertising on our website along with name on our trophies and year end awards. This could be a low cost way to get some advertising. Contact us for specific details on how this could work for you.
We can no longer sell premises passes. Insurance rules change, like most things in our era, and after having a poor experience in the pits, the pits and the hot grid are seen as one and the same, by the insurance company. This means that ALL people in your pit area MUST have a hot grid wristband. Some years ago cameras mounted to the helmet were forbidden and this is just another step in the direction of safety.
The GOOD news is that we are allowed to continue with no wristband needed on the “71” side of the orange gate on event days. This gate will remain closed during the event and opened after the last engine is shut off at the scale after the last race of the day. After that gate is opened, no wristbands will be required in the pit area. On practice/rental days, only those entering the hot grid will require wristbands.
Keep in mind that our wristband policy of DQ’ing ALL in your party from the next points event if ANYONE in your party is found w/o a wristband on is still in place. Please police this so we do not have to enforce it. Snow is melting and we look forward to race season.
We issued some season pass discounts at the banquet. As a reminder, these are not transferable, and expire on Mar 15th. They can not be used, in tandem, with any other certificate.
Buying a season pass automatically puts you in the pre-registration status and speeds up sign-in on racedays. Call us to purchase a season pass and it locks in your kart number for the season as a bonus.
We started pre-registration during the aftermath of the COVID shutdown in 2020. Many, including us, liked it because it sped up sign in for the racer on race days. We will again have this option in 2022 but felt it was time to publish our guidelines to eliminate confusion.
- Pre-registration can be done by calling the shop
- Pre-registration DEADLINE is Friday noon
- Be prepared with race entry info and NAMES for pit passes (we write names on wristbands)
- Pre-reg pricing will be lower than signup on raceday
- Payment is expected at time of pre-reg — If the event is cancelled, credit will be applied in the future
- Payment may be credit card or cash
- Those who purchase Season passes, for entries OR wristbands, will be automatically pre-reg
As always, registration can be done on racedays for those who choose that option. Editing your pre-reg will cause you to line up behind those pre-reg and will pay raceday prices.
Tire rental contracts (RL2 for the 206 classes) were popular in 2021. We will continue, with a similar outlook for 2022. This lease contract is available because we use the “scuffs” on our rental fleet. This year we will be giving all, that desire, a copy of the contract so details can be referenced.
We will be offering the same program as before and just, as a refresher, the guidelines are as follows:
- Cost is $165 for the base plus $65 for each set desired. This is a season contract so the number of sets will need to be determined when purchasing. This allows me to guarantee tires are in stock when needed.
- Changes are scheduled by the racer and price includes mounting
- Contract is per racer NOT a multiple racer group
- Tires returned MUST be the same ones issued
- Last set MUST be returned at year end (This is a lease) unless a serviceable set of RL2’s is approved for exchange when getting first set
- Damaged tires beyond “normal” wear will be chargeable
- MGRL2 tires — Any size — 4.60 or 6.00 are available — or 7.10 (not popular)
As always, if this option does not appeal to you, purchase to own is still available, as well as rental for just one race which allows racers to legally compete w/o having to buy a set. Rentals, using our wheels (metric), or your wheels, for a single race may be “scuffs”, with more than half tread, if we have available.
Well, now that Friday league seems to be decided, it seems like time to set the stage for the Jr High and High School leagues. Jr High max age is 8th grade while max age for High School is 12th grade. Please feel free to comment if you plan to participate this year. We are thinking similar to 2021:
- Thursday evenings w/6PM drivers meeting — both leagues — registration before
- Jr in original karts while HS in premium karts
- Min driver weight at Jr-120 and HS-180 — We can reduce weight IF no driver is that heavy
- Format of warmup, 2 heat races, and feature w/points awarded for feature finish
- Count 15 of 17 for season championship
- Championship to be honored at season banquet
- Makeup rainouts the following week
- Pricing — BONUS buy 10 get 12 — overall costs same as 2021
Proposed schedule is May 5, 12, 19, 26, June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, July 7, 14, 21, 28, August 4, 11, 18, 25
Please let us know if you have ideas to make this program better. Also let us know if you know of someone who would like to SPONSOR these events (reasonable cost).
Since we treat this just like a race series where you own your kart, we are thinking of a 24 night series, skipping the Fridays of Easter, Memorial day, CKNA hosting, 4th of July, and Labor day and running on Mothers day. We are also thinking the odd numbered events (1, 3, 5, etc) would have the additional Elite class while the even numbered events would have the additional Oval events.
Dates would be: April 1, 8, 22, 29, May 6, 13, 20, June 10, 17, 24, July 8, 15, 22, 29, August 5, 12, 19, 26, September 9, 16, 23, 30, October 7, 14 starting @ 7PM drivers meeting (sign in before).
- Continue w/200# driver weight — Max 50# ballast required until a podium finish
- Count best 21 of 24 races for season champ
- Count 10 of 12 Elite races — or 11 of 12
- Count 10 of 12 Oval races — or 11 of 12
- Plan on a price break — Buy 10, get 12
- Run Elite Karts in the break between heats and feature
- Continue w/format of warmup, 2 heats, Feature — Feature pays points
- Make up rainouts the following week
- Post rainout call by 4:30PM on race day
If you plan to be part of the Friday League, please comment on issues so we can finalize our plans for 2022. Look for future posts for Jr High and High School Leagues planning.
It seems like, after some discussions, that we will adopt the format presented in an earlier post. The remaining unsettled issue is the possibility of an alternate track. CHMS could accomodate either the interloop OR the classic rental pattern.
Using the track, and adding in the interloop, requires no gear change while using the rental “classic” configuration would require a 4.0 ratio rather than a 3.5.
We would like your thoughts on how many, which pattern, and which races. Unless some other point comes up, we are ready to finalize 2022 schedule.
We published on website and FB a few weeks ago. We have only a minor amount of racers input to date. Some wanted 14, rather than 13, w/1 earlier in April while 12 races on 10 dates was also suggested however that formula had no rainouts makeup. There was some input on qualifying — we currently use the two heat races for qualifying for the feature grid. We believe this promotes an opportunity for everyone to get a chance at the front row sometime during the season and also helps develop race craft in passing skills. Also 1 drop was entertained.
Since we have little input from MOST of the racers, we are VERY close to publishing our schedule for 2022. See details in an earlier post on website.