We will be hosting a race to honor Matt Bigos and a major portion of the entry money will go to the benefit of his choice. Thank you Corey Domenick for leading this effort. Now for details…………….
WHO’S MATT BIGOS — Matt was an avid kart racer who raced at CHMS and other racetracks in the area and across the nation. If you competed in HPV during the mid 2000 years, you may have run into him. His most recent challenge was driving at the Joliet Speedway in a NASCAR experience.
BENEFIT — Matt’s share of the entry fees will go to benefit the Buddy Foundation. The Buddy Foundation is on a mission to provide immediate safety and care to stray, abused, and abandoned animals. If you, or someone you know, is interested in having a pet, this is a place you should consider looking.
RACE DETAILS — This will be a 2 hour endurance race with our premium karts. We are targeting this at a 3 person team but teams can be ANY size. During the pit stops, you may change drivers and/or get a different kart with a full fuel load. Karts hold 6 quarts of fuel and burn ~ 1 gal/hr. Choose your team, your team name, and call to reserve your spot as space will be limited.
- Date — 28APR19 with a rain date of 19MAY19
- 9:00 sign in
- 9:20 practice sessions for each driver
- 9:45 Drivers meeting
- 10:00 Green flag
- 5 mandatory timed pit stops including at least one fuel stop
- Cost is $300/team pre-register and $350 the week before race
- Cost includes practice, driver passes, and insurance
- Prizes — Concept Cash commensurate with entries